Thursday, May 22, 2008

Karen Morton

Today I’ve added Karen Morton’s blog to my Blog list. I met her a few years back at a course I helped teach in Tennessee. She generously describes that the course changed her life, and she has since changed mine.

Recently, Karen helped me found Method R Corporation. She’s our director of education and consulting. Many of you have met Karen already in a classroom.

Karen is an excellent teacher (that means more than “excellent instructor”), and she’s just one of those rare people who, when she says she’ll do something, it’s as good as a COMMIT. She is also one of the best SQL optimizers I know, on top of being a pioneer and first-rate practitioner of the techniques Jeff and I talk about in Optimizing Oracle Performance.

She has already taught me many things, and I’m eager to watch what she will have to say online.

No comments: